Saturday, September 29, 2007

It's a boy!

I'm late in posting this, but most of my friends and family already know we found out on Monday that this little one is a boy!!!! I love that each of my kids gets a brother and a sister and that they each have a sibling of the same gender to grow up with. Granted, the difference between my two girls is 8 years but they have such a special bond that the age difference barely matters.

Nicholas has been told that he'll need to share his room with the baby someday and he's fine with that, but he does not want to give up his crib. He tells me that the baby will sleep in the firetruck toddler bed that sits unused in his room. He's 27 months old right now and wants nothing to do with any sort of bed other than his crib. He calls it his "bootiful cib" We still have plenty of time to work on that, as the baby will probably cosleep for the first 6-8 months or so. Keeping him in his crib is nice since he can be a little too adventurous. It's nice to keep him confined and out of trouble til he gets a little more common sense!

Anyway, here is my baby boy! We didn't get a very good picture, but I need to go back in 4 weeks for another scan so maybe a better picture is coming.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The picture of your baby boy is a good one, Its very clear

Jennifer said...

YEA Kathy! So happy for you! Ours is a boy too. :-)

Jackie said...

Congratulations, Kathy. I am so excited for you!