Friday, September 21, 2007

Update on the recipe list!

I never did update about those recipes, huh? Well a few people asked so I'll give my reviews.

Rachael Rays Peanut butter and bacon on Banana Bread

This was good, though I like my banana bread recipe better so I'll use my own recipe next time. The bacon flavor didn't stand out as I expected. It seemed to be all bread and just a little pnut butter and bacon. My banana bread recipe can be sliced a little thinner than RRs without crumbling, so I'll use mine, cut the bread thin and use more bacon for more even flavoring.

Curried Hummus

This was okay. You'd think a curry lover like me would have been all over this recipe, but I made it, tried it and it sat in the fridge til my friend tossed it after realizing it had been in there for way too long. I'll stick to the hummus recipe I usually use. In fact I just made a batch yesterday and Nicholas ate a bowl of it with a spoon. The boy will have garlic breath forever now!

Bodacious Broccoli Salad

This was really good! I wouldn't change a thing. My teenager even ate it, so if she likes it anyone will like it!

Rachael Ray's cold ginger soy and honey noodles

I never got around to trying this one, but I will. Maybe today. This was planned for a lunch food for my teenager. Unfortunately she forgot her lunch container at school and until she brings it home, she's getting pb&j, apples and grapes for lunch in her brown bag. Hopefully soon she'll get sick of it and want some real food.

No comments: